By BO Staff Writer
News just in, President Jacob Zuma has reshuffled cabinet, this time he has fired Blade Nzimande from the ministry of higher education and replaced with Hlengiwe Mkhize. Nzimande is on record opposing the President and denouncing radical economic transformation. Read the president’s full statement below:
TO ALL MEDIA/NEWS EDITORS
17 OCTOBER 2017
ANNOUNCEMENT OF CHANGES TO THE NATIONAL EXECUTIVE BY PRESIDENT JACOB ZUMA
After careful consideration, I have decided to make the following changes to the National Executive:
1. Professor Hlengiwe Mkhize is the Minister of Higher Education and Training
2. Ms Ayanda Dlodlo is the Minister of Home Affairs
3. Ms Mmamaloko Kubayi is the Minister of Communications
4. Mr David Mahlobo is the Minister of Energy
5. Adv. Bongani Thomas Bongo is the Minister of State Security
6. Mr Buti Manamela is the Deputy Minister of Higher Education and Training.
I thank the former members of the National Executive for good service in their previous portfolios.
I wish the members who are assuming new portfolios all the best in their new responsibilities.
Enquiries: Dr Bongani Ngqulunga on 082 308 9373 or [email protected]
Issued by: The Presidency