By BO Staff Writer
The following statement was previously published on the Black First Land First website and is now reissued by Black Opinion:
Black First Land First (BLF) is encouraged by the revolutionary plan for Bolivia announced by President Morales on Saturday at the Departmental Encounter in Cochabamba.
We commend the President for rescuing Bolivia from World Bank (WB) and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) austerity measures and forced privatization. To this end we applaud President Morales for his success in:
1. Turning Bolivia into the fastest growing economy in South America while leading his people to fight imperialism to defend the country’s sovereignty.
2. Rejecting the IMF and WB that have made huge profits at the expense of the Bolivian people.
3. Defeating the IMF’s plan to privatize the national gas company.
4. Rejecting the privatization of Bolivia’s water supply.
5. Nationalisation of the strategic sectors of the economy.
We further congratulate President Morales for banning McDonalds and Coca Cola; rejecting the bogus “War on Drugs” by the US; spending 14% of the national budget on quality education; and taxing foreign gas and oil companies 82% of its profits to serve the poor.
We continue to stand in internationalist solidarity with President Morales and the Bolivian people in fighting imperialism and taking back the economy!
Down with the IMF and World Bank!
Issued by the National Coordinating Committee of Black First Land First (BLF NCC)
10 June 2019
Black First Land First Email:[email protected]
Facebook: Black First Land First
Technical Advisor, International Relations: Shantha Balakrishna
Cell number: +27 72 114 3670
Deputy President: Zanele Lwana
National Spokesperson: Lindsay Maasdorp
Cell: +27 79 915 2957