President Cyril Ramaphosa. Photo credit: African News Agency (ANA)
By Andile Mngxitama
Did you know?
1. Cyril Ramaphosa concluded deals with Independent Power Producers (IPPs) worth R1.4 trillion?
2. The IPPs contribute less than 5% of the generation of electricity.
3. Eskom pays R93 million a day to these IPPs.
4. The 27 IPPs that concluded deals with Ramaphosa are kept a secret “by law”.
5. Some of the beneficiaries of the IPPs loot are those who sponsored Ramaphosa to buy the African National Congress (ANC) Nasrec conference.
6. All the money given to Eskom goes to these Thumamina IPPs and the friends of Coleman Andrews.
7. The Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) threatened to expose Patrice Motsepe as one of the looters of Eskom through the IPPs, but he then had a meeting with them and some say that black bags exchanged hands and mouths were shut.
8. What happened to the billions in loans from China and the deal with Saudi Arabia?
9. Cyril and Pravin Gordhan want to now take our pensions and give it to their friends and COSATU agrees.
10. The white man, Andre de Ruyter, who is the new chief executive officer of Eskom is a confirmed destroyer of companies. He is there to finish off Eskom.
Be like Soweto, demand free electricity. It’s possible and it’s our right!
Andile Mngxitama is the President of Black First Land First (BLF), a radical black consciousness organization.