The goverment of President Cyril Ramaphosa is using the lockdown of the country as a pretext to institute apartheid forced removals of the poor. The harassment of Abahlali baseMjondolo by the EThekwini Municipality with the assistance of the police and army is part of the grand plan to forcibly remove the poor from the cities during the lockdown.
The announcement by the Minister of Human Settlements, Water & Sanitation, Lindiwe Sisulu, for the “decongestion” of crowded spaces, is a code name for apartheid forced removals.
Black First Land First (BLF) calls on Ramaphosa to immediately stop all forced removals and evictions. To this end we call for the following:
1. A moratorium on all planned forced removals – apartheid forced removals must end.
2. A moratorium on all evictions including evictions from farms.
3. No one should be evicted for non payment of rentals during the lockdown.
4. Ramaphosa to immediately instruct the EThekwini Municipality to stop harassing Abahlali baseMjondol.
5. Provision of food parcels to the poor.
Issued by Black First Land First, National Coordinating Committee of (BLF NCC)
5 April 2020
Black First Land First Mail: [email protected]
(BLF Deputy President)
Cell: +27 79 986 7225
Reposted from the BLF website.