By Andile Mngxitama
On Tuesday I did a live broadcast on Facebook on how to understand government’s COVID-19 strategy of appeasement, accumulation and repression. These processes, as I explained, are currently going on simultaneously in SA. Simply put they entail the following:
1. Appeasement: empty promises from government and empty speeches from opposition parties.
2. Accumulation: mass transfer of resources from the public to white monopoly capital (WMC); bailouts to WMC; privatization of SOEs; and rolling out of 5G technology
3. Repression: entire army is deployed within the country; innocent people are shot by rubber bullets inside their homes; evictions; unconfirmed reports of 15 people murdered via police/army.
My further engagement on government’s COVID-19 strategy broadly reflected on the following issues:
1. Ramaphosa giving loans of R7500 to spaza shops – good news?
Wrong! It’s a debt trap for the Stellenbosch agenda!
2. Cuban doctors are here – good news?
Wrong! It’s a public relations stance against Cuba!
3. Provision of parcels – good news?
Wrong! It’s a pipe dream!
4. Some opposition parties are speaking out – good news?
Wrong! It’s empty speech to pacify you!
5. What must be done?
Watch the full lecture: https://www.facebook.com/andile.mngxi/videos/1658620284296813/
EDUCATE! AGITATE! ORGANIZE!
Andile Mngxitama is the President of Black First Land First (BLF), a radical black consciousness organization.