By Andile Mngxitama
Yesterday (8 May 2020) marked a year since the 2019 general elections in South Africa.Those elections were not free and fair. It was rigged at the behest of White Monopoly Capital (WMC) which panicked at the possibility of Black First Land First (BLF) entering parliament towards its institutional obliteration.
WMC invested massively to get its desired results. This included an open robbery of BLF’s votes. The revised estimates suggest that the African National Congress (ANC) spent over R1 billion rand; the Democratic Alliance (DA) over R800 million; and the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) over R500 million in the 2019 elections. This money came mainly from Stellenbosch and London. How much did the elections cost the BLF? At most R100 000, most of which remains unpaid to creditors.
I did a live presentation yesterday on Facebook to reflect on the 2019 general elections and elaborate on the following questions:
1. Why did they steal BLF’s votes in the last elections?
2. Is BLF a political party?
3. What is BLF‘s position with regards to the ANC?
4. What is the enemy that BLF is fighting against?
5. What about the Guptas?
6. Who can join BLF?
7. Why did they ban BLF?
8. Will BLF reregister for parliamentary elections?
9. Any other question that listeners/viewers may want to raise on the topic under discussion.
Watch my full engagement: https://www.facebook.com/andile.mngxi/videos/1667712103387631/
Educate! Agitate! Organize!
Andile Mngxitama is the President of BLF, a radical black consciousness organization.