By Andile Mngxitama
Tonight (17 May 2020) at 20:00 on the Blacks Can’t Be Racist Facebook page we will be going live via Zoom on the topic, “Blacks Can’t Be Racist: Possible Influences on Rhodes Must Fall (RMF)/Fees Must Fall (FMF)”
I will also host a watch party on my Facebook page (Andile Mngxi).
I believe that my essay “Blacks Can’t Be Racist” (BCBR), which I wrote a decade ago, serves as a guide to understanding the world we live in. For this reason it should be taught in all schools in South Africa (SA) and all black people should have it.
Some of themes under discussion are:
1. Impact of BCBR in SA race discourse (done on 10 May 2020)
2. Possible Influences of BCBR on RMF/FMF (Sunday, 17 May 2020)
3. BCBR and Christianity (Sunday, 24 May 2020)
4. BCBR and the race & class debate (date tbc)
5. What about blacks who support the institution of racism like Mandela and Tutu? (date tbc)
6. Institutional racism versus individual acts of racism. (date tbc)
7. Art, music, literature and BCBR. (date tbc)
During this week I shall set out these themes more comprehensively.
See you tonight at 20:00.
DO NOT MISS IT!
Order your copy of the 10th Anniversary edition of BCBR via WhatsApp, email or go to the the Facebook page, BLACKS CAN’T BE RACIST.
Andile Mngxitama is the President of Black First Land First (BLF), a radical black consciousness organization.