By Andile Mngxitama
To continue in peace white monopoly capital (WMC) creates a fake opposition to itself. This opposition pretends to address the concerns of the people which in reality is mere lip service.
Dr Ayyadurai Shiva calls this fake opposition, the not so obvious establishment. Don’t listen to what it says, just look at its achievements:
1. It gave R6 million to the WMC controlled Solidarity Fund.
2. It didn’t agitate for any real relief to the poor. At the same time it didn’t resist WMC getting the R500 billion stimulus package; and the banks getting the R540 billion.
3. It encouraged soldiers to kill poor blacks on the streets yet the mines have been operating since week 3 of Covid-19 lockdown.
4. It has told the poor to die in poverty instead of to die fighting.
5. It helped WMC to get rid of all the progressive black executives including Dudu Myeni; Brian Molefe; and Hlaudi Motsoeneng.
6. It gave political power to land thieves (Democratic Alliance), calling them the better devil.
Fake opposition is real. WMC is old and very crafty. If you don’t open your eyes, you will unwittingly become its servant.
The lockdown is good for business!
Andile Mngxitama is the President of Black First Land First (BLF), a radical black consciousness organization.