By Andile Mngxitama
Fake international solidarity is when you use the memory of Brother George Floyd to divert attention away from the injustices against blacks. Here’s some examples:
1. The bogus anti racism campaign of the African National Congress (ANC).
2. Whites in the United States of America (USA) marching in protest against Floyd’s murder when the USA police murders 300 blacks annually.
3. Whites in USA march for Floyd but are not returning the stolen land to the Native Americans or paying reparations for slavery to blacks.
4. Organising marches to USA embassies to protest against Floyd’s murder whilst praising the South African military that has killed over 10 black people during the national lockdown so far.
5. Being outraged by the murder of Floyd yet allowing WMC in SA to loot all of the Covid-19 stimulus package funds and letting poor blacks to starve.
Beware of fake international solidarity. It’s a scheme to hide injustice whilst pretending to be concerned. It’s an act of erasure to divert our attention.
The genuine way to serve the memory of Brother Floyd is to uproot all injustice against blacks. We must demand justice for the likes of Collins Khosa.
Don’t let them fool you with their fake international solidarity!
Andile Mngxitama is the President of Black First Land First (BLF), a radical black consciousness organization.