By Andile Mngxitama
- Black First Land First (BLF) is the only blacks only organization in South Africa.
- There’s a record number of objections against us at the IEC (they didn’t want us in parliament)
- We were in court every day of the week in the lead up to the 2019 national elections, including the day before elections
- DA started a petition to stop us from contesting the elections.
- Solidarity also launched a petition to stop BLF from participating in the elections.
- Broederbond did the same.
- Freedom Front Plus lodged High Court application to stop us from engaging in the elections.
- Patrice Motsepe lodged an urgent application against us a day before elections.
- South African Human Rights Commission helped a racist to take BLF to court for our slogan “Land or Death”; judgment was delivered in the week of the elections.
- Johann Rupert has over 30 High Court land interdicts agains BLF.
- When the ANC issued an instruction that no one must support President Zuma in court, we were there.
- Only BLF has confronted the Oppenheimers directly in parliament, others ran away.
- BLF took a firm stand against GMOs
- BLF told all that there will be no Land Expropriation Without Compensation before the elections and even after.
- 26 BLF members were arrested and persecuted for demanding that Thuli Madonsela investigate the corruption of white monopoly capital named in the CIEX report
- BLF spent less than R100 000 in the elections (ANC spent over R1 billion, DA over R800 million, EFF over R500 million). We remain proud of the almost 20 000 BLF votes they couldn’t steal or rig. We know they didn’t count our votes. They were shit scared.
BLF will be registered with the IEC to contest the elections again. No, we won’t let them win. These are just a few facts I’m sharing with you. We remain resolute: Land or Death!
Andile Mngxitama is the President of Black First Land First, a radical black consciousness organization. When using any of Black Opinion’s content, partly or in full, kindly always provide an active hyperlink to the original material.